The cost of school meals is increasing in September to £2.20 per day, £11.00 per week, if you think that you may be entitled to free school meals click on the link below to apply now as applications take around six weeks to process.
See below for the criteria
Income related free school meals
Income related free school meals can be given to your child in any year at school.
If you get any of the benefits below, you can claim free school meals.
- Income Support
- Jobseekers allowance Income Based
- Employment Support Allowance Income related
- Support under the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Guaranteed Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit – as long as your letter shows you have an income of less than £16,190 and DO NOT get Working Tax Credit.
- Universal Credit – your earned income must be less than £7,400 a year.
When your child gets free school meals, your school will also benefit with additional funding to use in the school.