Our SEND Vision
At St Matthew's, we value all pupils equally and recognise that every child is unique and special. We strive to ensure that all children develop their skills and make good progress throughout their time here. Our diverse and inclusive school is a place where each individual’s achievements are celebrated and children are supported and encouraged to realise their full potential. We aim to be a school where everyone feels included, valued, happy and excited about learning.
As a school, we are committed to ensuring all children receive:
- high quality teaching alongside their peers
- access to a broad, balanced and stimulating curriculum
- full inclusion in all aspects of school life
- individualised provision and/or extra adult support when needed in order to meet individual needs
We recognise the importance of not only supporting children’s academic progress, but also developing their behavioural, emotional and social skills in order to help them to become confident, enthusiastic and independent learners.
We have put together a range of resources to help you support your child's individual needs at home. These can be found to the left and cover the following areas:
- Speech, language and communication
- Mental health and emotional wellbeing
- Sensory and physical needs
For more detailed information on how we meet the needs of children with special educational needs, please refer to our SEND policy and SEND information report.